(319) 775-5252 info@redballprinting.com

Our Building

The building was built in 1939 and originally was a Skelly Oil gas station that serviced the prospering Czech / Bohemian neighborhood around it. Over the years it changed names, but has always remained a staple in the neighborhood. For 6 years following the flood of 2008, the building went untouched and left many people to question whether the City of Cedar Rapids would end up tearing it down. We acquired the building in the winter of 2013/14 and began a full restoration with the goal of turning it back into a 1940’s gas station. We did a lot of research to find period specific materials to make sure it would look as authentic as possible, adding to the already eclectic neighborhood and becoming a great space to operate a boutique screen printing / t-shirt shop.

rb-building-demo rb-building